A great way to use up over-ripe bananas!
I had several over-ripe bananas so I went in search of a new banana bread recipe to try and found this recipe one on the Food Network site and was on an episode of Giada's Weekend Getaways. The recipe itself by Chef Joanne Chang, owner/chef of Flour Bakery in Boston.
An interesting note about Joanne is that she left her management consulting career after graduating with an honor degree from Harvard with a degree in Applied Math and Economics to pursue her baking passion.
I found this cake to be very moist and addictive and is more a banana bread for a non-banana bread loving person as their is only a hint of the banana flavor and it is only slightly sweet and is great with a warm cup of tea.
- susisorglos added Flour's Famous Banana Bread to Backen 09 May 21:47
- Kaiulani W. favorited Flour's Famous Banana Bread 10 Jul 01:32
- mowi m. favorited Flour's Famous Banana Bread 23 Mar 13:20
- aleksandraxoxoxo favorited Flour's Famous Banana Bread 04 Sep 00:28
- SilverSnake S. favorited Flour's Famous Banana Bread 21 Aug 21:28