Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
My friend loves Spongebob, but I must admit I didn't know who he was until recently. Actually, one day I saw a stuffed toy representing him and I asked her "Who's this piece of cheese?" So, in order to apologise, I decided to make a felted Bob for her birthday.
First, I printed a few Bob pictures. I mesured and cut the different parts of the basic structure of the body: two squares and four rectangles. Then, I cut the complements such as clothes, mouth, eyes, tie, etc. and I sewed them on the squares.
Then the tricky part: arms, legs, nose... for the arms I made two arm-shaped patterns, I sewed them together and I filled them with cotton. To make the legs, I made two long cilinders and I filled them with cotton as well. Same with the shoes and the nose.
Finally, I sewed all the parts together. First the limbs on the rectangles, then the rest of the body. As I sewed the parts I filled them.
I was very satisfied by the result! Before making it, I didn't think the final result would be similar to the original figure... But when I had it I didn't want to give it to my friend... sadly, I had to!
- KozmicBlues replied to a comment on her project Felted Spongebob 28 Oct 10:18
- kneellock commented on Felted Spongebob 28 Oct 05:51
- kneellock commented on Felted Spongebob 28 Oct 05:49
- krista.turk favorited Felted Spongebob 23 Dec 02:03
- Munnazah C. added Felted Spongebob to Sew, sew, sew! 20 Oct 14:19
- Munnazah C. favorited Felted Spongebob 20 Oct 14:19
- Hello Sweet Taco favorited Felted Spongebob 02 Oct 06:39
KozmicBlues posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!