For wannabe woodland nymphs
It's nice to have really big earrings that don't weigh your whole head down. These feel light as air in your earlobes, and as an added plus, they make you feel like a tree.
- 103066_2F2014-07-07-174900-Felt+leaf+earrings.jpg 900 KB [ Download ]
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 19 Jul 04:15
- Kimya J. favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 28 May 02:26
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 18 Nov 00:12
- Ariane D. favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 03 May 05:14
- Cait D. added Felt Leaf Earrings to Jewelry 08 Feb 16:52
- Annalyn M. favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 15 Jan 16:41
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 23 Dec 05:19
- ale_corason favorited Felt Leaf Earrings 24 Nov 03:31
- Zauberbear published her project Felt Leaf Earrings 07 Jul 17:47
You Will Need
Draw a leaf on a piece of paper and cut it out to be your template.
Trace a leaf on a piece of felt, then mirror the leaf and trace another. The mirroring serves to let you hide the traced outlines later on. Fold the felt in half, pin it down on the leaves, and cut them out so that you end up with four leaves.
Fix up your 2 pairs of leaves so the traced outlines can't be seen. Pin them down again to hold them still while you sew in Step 4.
Sew around the edges of both leaves.
Use your sewing machine to sew veins onto both leaves.
Take one leaf at a time and add an earring hook by sewing lengthwise through the top, where you'd want the earring hook to be. Thread the hook onto your needle and sew through the leaf again, and sew through once more for good measure. Tie a knot and cut off the excess thread.