Cute and fun summery felt string & tassle
I made this a long time ago in a mood of summery joy. It's a cute present or just fun to hang yourself. It's very kid friendly too.
Sorry I don't have any pictures as this is made a long time ago. Also I don't have any print out example of the measurements. I can make those by requests or you can google.
Thanks for viewing my first how to !
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 20 Jul 19:39
- Alissa B. favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 14 Feb 19:00
- olivoyle favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 29 May 10:47
- leah s. favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 04 Dec 00:04
- RaspberrySourZ added Felt Birds On A String & Tassle to Projects I want to try. 15 Aug 20:17
- Coqui added Felt Birds On A String & Tassle to Cortinita 29 May 02:10
- Joanne J. favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 19 May 00:05
- gareth m. favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 07 May 21:30
- Fugulicious added Felt Birds On A String & Tassle to felt 27 Apr 13:18
- Rosie R. favorited Felt Birds On A String & Tassle 20 Apr 13:26
First take some regular paper (cardboard) draw & cut out the following designs:
Heart of flowers.
Bird and flower are just what I made but you should make whatever you like !
Cut the shapes out of felt. However many you desire to make.
Now for the fun part! Decoration!
Make sure to decorate opposite parts that you want to stitch together, so you don't end up with a decorated side on the inside.
Stitch the wing, eye and pupil on.
I stitched some decorative wing and tail stripes. Stitched a few stars and crosses in different colors of string. And added plastic beads and shiny decorations.
Stitch the two sides together. On here it explains how to make this stitch:
Leave a hole for the stuffing and beak.
Put stuffing inside using a pencil so it's evenly spread. Then put the beak on the hole and stitch it completely closed. Bird done!
Take your string however length you desire.
String some beads, bells, felt figures (anything you like) on it.
String through the birds, through the stitches. The bird won't slide down because of the stuffing.
If you are statisfied with the look of your string add a tassel!
I had one laying around but you can make one yourself using something like this:
Also I just tied a knot at the top to hang it.