It's big, it's fluffy, it's a giant pom-pom!
Pom-poms are fun and easy to make. This one is made with fabric for extra insanity and fluffiness.
- Alissa B. favorited Fabric Pom Pom 05 Apr 16:35
- mr.nawaabfuzzumspompom favorited Fabric Pom Pom 07 Jun 17:46
- kimberly c. favorited Fabric Pom Pom 05 Nov 04:44
- Witchy favorited Fabric Pom Pom 03 Aug 04:02
- Alex Poser added Fabric Pom Pom to Fabric Manipulations 10 Jan 21:39
- Courtney D. added Fabric Pom Pom to Kate 01 Jan 08:38
- Courtney D. added Fabric Pom Pom to Etsy 01 Jan 08:38
- Courtney D. favorited Fabric Pom Pom 01 Jan 08:38
- BRITTANY T. favorited Fabric Pom Pom 14 Dec 03:09
- Sarah R. favorited Fabric Pom Pom 04 Dec 12:13
Cut yourself two cardboard 'donuts'. The bigger the donuts, the bigger your pom-pom will be. In particular, the bigger the hole in the centre the bigger and fluffier your pom-pom will be (but it will take more fabric.) Mine was about 30cm across.
Choose your fabrics and cut them into strips. The strips can be any length (and width) but if they're very short you may want to knot them together to make longer strips. I used a limited palette of colours but you could go for a rainbow style or just use a single colour. I used a range of materials too; ribbon, trims, fabrics, old clothes. Try anything!
Now for the difficult(ish) bit. Once the hole in the centre is filled you're going to start cutting around the edge, right down to the cardboard. You should have used a fair amount of fabric so this may take some time. You'll end up with the two cardboard discs showing and lots of fabric bits hanging down on either side.