Embellish a party dress.
I’ll let you decide how many flowers to add.
From the book The Party Dress by Simon Henry. Read our review here.
- Claire M. favorited Embellishing A Dress 10 Nov 17:15
- alex r. favorited Embellishing A Dress 25 Jul 21:50
- Stat R. favorited Embellishing A Dress 10 Jul 18:43
- Angela V. favorited Embellishing A Dress 14 Oct 21:09
- Diamond Sight Creations added Embellishing A Dress to Make List 15 Sep 11:54
- Kiku-chan favorited Embellishing A Dress 19 Jul 01:53
The flowers that cascade over one shoulder will sit on tabs. To make these, cut two pieces of fabric 3 inches (7.5cm) by 6 inches (15cm) and fold in half lengthways. Seam down the raw side and across the top, then turn through and press. Sew one tab to the front bodice at the angle required to go over the arm.
Add a tab to the back at the angle required to fall over the arm. Add rouleau just as at the front so the flowers can be tied over one arm. Add some flowers to the hip opposite the arm flowers, and take a few round to the back.
Try on the gown over the underskirts. Pin the hem to the required length on both lining and the top fabric, rounding off the points of the train. Double-turn and hem the lining. Bias bind the top dress hem (this took four hours of hand sewing).