Vintage Beauty Parlor
Setting your hair in heated rollers is the best way to give your hair the shape and movement required for an elegant ‘updo’ such as this. Heated rollers will create lift at the roots and soft curls in the lengths of the hair.
- Luna D. favorited Elegant Side Bun 25 Apr 07:06
- Carla B. added Elegant Side Bun to Style my locks... 21 Jul 19:51
- Carla B. favorited Elegant Side Bun 21 Jul 19:51
- Margie S. favorited Elegant Side Bun 04 Nov 13:25
- Jeff S. favorited Elegant Side Bun 07 Sep 06:24
- Barjaa B. added Elegant Side Bun to Hairstyles 27 Jun 17:39
- Meta H. added Elegant Side Bun to Hair 06 Feb 00:43
- Moriah M. added Elegant Side Bun to Audrey Hepburn 24 Jan 23:07
- Hannah of An Old Story added Elegant Side Bun to Whitney Port 16 Jul 18:36
- Emma H. favorited Elegant Side Bun 27 May 11:45
Gently comb your hair through and create a side parting. Set your hair using small heated rollers, starting from the side parting and rolling underneath. Secure each roller about 5 cm/2 inches from the root. Leave the hair to set in the rollers, allowing it to cool for at least 10 minutes to ensure that the shape of the curl does not drop.
Remove the rollers and gently comb through the hair. Use a comb to separate off the front section of your hair, maintaining the side parting. Secure the rest of your hair at the back with a clip. Take the heavier side of your side parting, twist it and section it off at the top of your ear and clip it out of the way.
Pin the individual curls in your ponytail up to one side
at the nape of your neck to create a wavy side bun. Make
sure the hair band is not visible and secure the curls with
hair grips/bobby pins. You can be as neat or as messy as you choose when pinning your curls, as both options can look very pretty.