Cook up some elegant salad cups!
I'm in NYC for a few days, I can't wait to share the details with you when I get back!
The Holiday Season is upon us, can you believe it? I want to share with you one of my favorite "tricks" for elegant entertaining...Salad Cups! They are SO EASY and gorgeous on the table!
The truth is, you could fill these cups with anything! Also, you could use large cookie cutters for a more shaped look (check out our pomegranate mousse in snowflake cups from last year)
- Laila T. favorited Elegant Salad Cups 20 Feb 11:13
- Sunnie favorited Elegant Salad Cups 14 Feb 21:56
- Millie H. added Elegant Salad Cups to Food and drink 22 Mar 22:53
- laura S. added Elegant Salad Cups to Salat :P 04 Nov 15:35
- Kitsuné favorited Elegant Salad Cups 21 Oct 02:38
- Kelly M. favorited Elegant Salad Cups 04 Oct 22:18
- SabrinaPanKakes favorited Elegant Salad Cups 18 Sep 07:24
- ale_corason favorited Elegant Salad Cups 26 Aug 02:13
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Open pizza crust and unroll on cutting board. Cut into 6 rectangles. Pick up one rectangle, flatten slightly in hand, and press into muffin tin, letting edges come up over the sides. Remember, this is a rustic cup, so don't worry about making it look perfect! The charm is in it's funky shape.:) Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until browned. Let cool completely and fill with favorite salad.
Notes: You could sprinkle fresh herbs or parmesan on the dough before baking for extra flavor or color. Also, you can use ANY size muffin tin to fit your needs. For example, if you want to put a chicken salad in the cups, I'd use a regular size muffin tin. For a leafy green salad, use the extra large muffin tins. For mousse or small savory bites, use a mini muffin tin.
Mix all salad ingredients and toss with dressing just before serving.
Mix all except oil and poppy seeds in blender. Blend on medium speed while slowly adding oil. Add poppy seeds and pulse a few times. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.