DIY a Reversible Bib: Great Baby Gift
Looking for the perfect, easy baby gift to make? Well look no further than this tutorial for a reversible bib that doubles as a burp cloth.
- 106654_2F2015-01-07-032419-baby+bib+pattern+by+charmingdoodle.pdf 61 KB [ Download ]
- Rebecca M. favorited Easy Reversible Bib 10 Jun 15:17
- Kathy Gregson added Easy Reversible Bib to Baby 04 Aug 22:41
- heather r. added Easy Reversible Bib to Food Items to make 26 Mar 06:16
- Suzi T. favorited Easy Reversible Bib 11 Mar 13:06
- Elisa C. published her project Easy Reversible Bib 07 Jan 03:22
First download the template, tape the two pages together, and cut it out. Then use the notes printed on the pattern pages to cut the fabric you need.
Cut a strip of ribbing 12.5" long and 1.5" wide. Fold it in half right sides together and sew it along the short edge using a 1/4" seam allowance (making a circle out of your ribbing). Set aside.
To add a peter pan collar (skip this step if you don't want a collar): place two collar pieces right sides together and sew the curved edge with a 1/4" seam allowance, leaving the top open. Clip curves. Turn and press. Repeat with the other collar piece.
Zig zag or serge around the ribbing with a 1/4" seam allowance stretching the ribbing slightly as you sew.
You will now have one main panel with the ribbing attached. Place the second main fabric panel right sides together on top of the first. Pin ribbing right sides together with the main fabric and zig zag or serge it in place.