Easy to make gathered skirt
Use this step by step tutorial to create a pretty skirt. Quick and easy to make!
- Rebecca C. favorited Easy Gathered Skirt 12 Aug 21:33
- Tracy J. added Easy Gathered Skirt to Dress / Skirt 27 Apr 16:47
- tiffany b. added Easy Gathered Skirt to skirts 16 Oct 08:46
- Jasmin F. favorited Easy Gathered Skirt 29 Jul 08:24
- Barjaa B. added Easy Gathered Skirt to DIYS 27 Jun 20:08
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Easy Gathered Skirt to Clothing 10 Jun 10:47
- Aishwarya Purohit favorited Easy Gathered Skirt 22 Nov 05:00
- Jacqulene C. favorited Easy Gathered Skirt 09 Nov 22:07
- Chudames favorited Easy Gathered Skirt 23 Sep 15:01
- Buttercup favorited Easy Gathered Skirt 28 Aug 12:56
Fabric - measure the desired length of your skirt, and add the hem allowance (5 cm). You're skirt width should be at least 1.5 times the width of your hips. Cut a square with those measurements.
Lining is optional - if you want to underline your skirt, you'll need almost the same amount of fabric as your main skirt, only cut the lining square about 10 cm shorter.
You'll also need wide elastic for the waistband. The elastic band should be a couple of cm smaller than your waist measurement.
First, fold the hem and iron in place. Then sew the hem.
Gather the waist of the skirt slightly. Gather to the point when you can still comfortably pull the skirt up over your hips. Now pin the skirt to the elastic band. Make sure to pin evenly, checking that the center and quarter points meet. Now sew the waistband to the skirt with a zig-zag or straight stitch pulling the elastic as you go.