A good Knit and Purl only workout.
This is a version of the pattern I use in my shop to teach beginners how to knit. I make them all of the time so I have something to keep my hands warm that still allows me to use my cell phone. These gloves are knit flat so that I can make adjustments for my thumb! Make two rectangles following these direction, fold each with right sides together and stitch along one side to create a seam along the thumb side of your hand.
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Easy Fingerless Gloves 23 Oct 17:31
- Lamda S. favorited Easy Fingerless Gloves 17 Aug 04:27
- Lamda D. favorited Easy Fingerless Gloves 13 Feb 11:05
- Alexandria W. favorited Easy Fingerless Gloves 16 Jan 16:07
- fritzcracker favorited Easy Fingerless Gloves 17 Dec 04:47
- Carmen V. favorited Easy Fingerless Gloves 06 Dec 20:41
- Tina J. published her project Easy Fingerless Gloves 07 Nov 12:18
To Start: Cast one 32 stitches. I prefer long-tailed. There are many videos you can find online to help you. Leave about 12 inches of tail here for later.
Rows 9-40 Repeat rows 7 and 8 until gloves are about 5 inches long. You can make these longer if you like just keep repeating these two rows until you like them.
Rows 41-47. Repeat Rows 1-6 for more ribbing at the top of the fingerless glove
Using a darning needle and the yarn “tail” sew the two sides together. Do this loosely and with only one stitch per row using a whip stitch. the portion that will sit above your thumb stop your stitching at the edge of the ribbing. Hide your ends along the edge of one side to secure your stitching and cut remaining yarn. Move your darning needle to the other end of the glove and the other yarn tail. Using the same loose technique as above create whip stitches up from the bottom of the glove. Leaving about 3 inches of opening along the side try on the glove. If you are satisfied with the space for your thumb secure and hide your yarn end and you are done. If you would like a tighter thumb opening keep stitching until the fit is best for you. Repeat for a second glove.