Enjoy baking this delicious bread perfect for Autumn apples.
This is the quickest bread I have baked so far. Not only is it delicious, but also pretty healthy and a good way to use up green apples that are a little old.
I have included the conversions to make it Vegan or Non-Vegan depending on your cooking preferences. I hope you enjoy this bread as much as I do, in fact I am enjoying a piece with margarine right this moment :)
- RareJewel favorited Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 01 Nov 06:52
- Marie B. favorited Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 08 Aug 17:48
- diena.nur favorited Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 30 Apr 06:39
- Jenn M. favorited Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 23 Jan 20:11
- Snarah Panera favorited Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 26 Aug 04:08
- Eva A. favorited Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 09 Aug 02:25
- Lauren W. commented on Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* 03 Apr 15:15
- reblav added Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* to vegan 31 Mar 04:37
- Melanie C. added Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* to Recipes 30 Mar 17:13
- KelliDroze added Easy Apple Bread *Vegan* to Sweet 09 Mar 22:14
First gather your ingredients, you will need:
8 Tbsp butter
1 Cup sugar
2/3 cup applesauce or (2 eggs)
2 tbsp soymilk or (milk)
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp nutmeg
2 cups wheat flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
2 Green apples
This recipe makes on 4X6 casserole dish or 2 loaf pans.
Soften your butter and combine with the sugar until creamed. Next add the applesauce (or eggs) and soymilk, mix well.
In a separate bowl combine the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, combine the wet and dry mixtures.
Peel and chop the green apples, be sure to leave some large chunks, they are the best part!
Gently stir the green apples into the mixture with a spoon being careful not to mush them.
Pour mixture into a greased and floured pan and bake at 350* for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool on rack for at least 10 mins before removing from pan. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea, or as a morning bread.