Simple Statement Rings
Using a front wrap and two beautiful beads, you can create a stylish ring to coordinate with or accent any outfit
- Ira C. favorited Duet Ring 19 Jul 22:10
- Rebecca M. favorited Duet Ring 11 Jun 10:43
- Francine M. favorited Duet Ring 05 May 07:42
- Shesammy added Duet Ring to My outfit 01 Apr 16:20
- Carla B. favorited Duet Ring 07 Dec 02:32
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Duet Ring 03 Dec 21:13
- RareJewel favorited Duet Ring 29 Nov 07:26
- Search Press published her project Duet Ring 25 Nov 06:00
Lay the ring mandrel in the middle of a 35–40cm (13¾–15¾in) length of wire. Wrap the left side of the wire round the ring mandrel, then repeat with the right side of the wire. The wire should be lying side by side at a position one size larger than the desired finished ring size. Bring the wire together at the front where you started. This will give you three strands of wire round the back of the mandrel.
Bring the wires together and twist them round each other once or twice to hold the chosen ring size. Use the nylon-jaw pliers to smooth out the wire if it gets bent or kinked at any point.
Add a bead to one tail of wire. Push the bead to the central twist and wrap the wire round the bead as many times as desired, leaving at least 3cm (1¼in) of wire. Repeat with the second bead on the other tail of wire.
Bring one wire tail to the right of the beads with the remaining wire to the left.
Remove the ring from the mandrel and use chain-nose pliers to wrap the wire tails round the body of the ring (three strands from step 1) close to the beads. Wrap two or three tight, neat loops then repeat on the other side.
Cut the excess the wire and tuck the ends away so they do not scratch.