Turn a drawstring bag into a cute monster
I made this bag out of some fur I had leftover from making raver boot-covers and a length of cord.
I used a single sheet of fur and hid the vertical seam at the back.
Adding a pair of eyes (I used cat-style ones), and some felt extras for ears and paws, turned it from a cute bag, into a little monster.
The idea was taken from the decorated bags made by Dice Goblins
- Key West Witch favorited Drawstring Bag Monster 28 Jun 13:44
- Ophilla A. added Drawstring Bag Monster to Cool Bags & Backpacks 15 Mar 23:47
- Ophilla A. favorited Drawstring Bag Monster 15 Mar 23:47
- Lynn L. favorited Drawstring Bag Monster 03 Sep 05:27
- Katrina P. favorited Drawstring Bag Monster 16 Feb 17:54
- Emma Essayha added Drawstring Bag Monster to animal bags 21 Dec 08:22
- Emma Essayha favorited Drawstring Bag Monster 21 Dec 08:22
- Pandora C. entered her project Drawstring Bag Monster to SINGER Dress Form Contest 13 Apr 09:15
- Crystal M. favorited Drawstring Bag Monster 05 Mar 04:25
- Nikia N. added Drawstring Bag Monster to bags 19 Jan 19:06
You'll need a strip of fur twice as wide as you want your bag, and about an inch taller. Plus a little extra for hems and seams.
Check the nap of the fur before cutting out
Rearange the bag so that the sea you sewed in step 3 is facing you. This is going to be the back of the bag.
Poke any feet/paws through the hole at the bottom, accounting for where they will be when the bag is turned right-side out, and sew the bottom shut.
This bit can be a bit fiddly. Felt and fur don't play well together!