© 2018 Susan Wasinger / GMC Distribution · Reproduced with permission. · Artful Christmas by Susan Wasinger, published by Lark (£14.99, available from www.thegmcgroup.com)
- Patty L. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 27 Jul 12:17
- Valerie W. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 27 Jul 05:03
- Deborah F. added Doily Snowflake Bowl to lace bowls 10 Mar 01:25
- Jen S. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 02 Mar 20:59
- kiki w. added Doily Snowflake Bowl to Craft 2 sell 29 Jan 16:28
- Alice N. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 19 Dec 05:37
- Zornitsa A. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 03 Nov 05:36
- Rebecca M. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 14 Jun 15:34
- su l. favorited Doily Snowflake Bowl 05 Mar 12:24
- Alyssa D. added Doily Snowflake Bowl to Makeup space 08 Feb 15:04
Mix one part white glue with one part water. Blow up the balloon so that it’s about the size of a large cantaloupe. Set it on the cup or small bowl to keep it steady.
Drape the doily over the balloon and smooth it down over the sides. Make sure the doily drapes evenly over the balloon with no rolled edges or crimped areas.
Paint the entire surface of the doily liberally with the glue mixture, making sure you work glue into all of the nooks, crannies, and fibers. Make sure no errant blobs of glue remain on the doily.
Let the doily bowl dry overnight or longer until it’s totally stiff. If it isn’t stiff, paint it with another layer of glue. When it’s completely dry, gently wriggle your fingers beneath it, depressing the balloon. Loosen the doily carefully. Don’t puncture the balloon! If you do, the doily bowl will collapse.