Doctor Who Earrings DIY
Pretty and simple Doctor Who earrings, very easy and cheap to make.
- Meta H. added Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings to fandoms 29 Dec 01:46
- Meta H. added Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings to jewlery 29 Dec 01:46
- Lea Bee added Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings to Doctor Who 09 Aug 19:32
- C K. favorited Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings 30 May 21:17
- Ichigo M. favorited Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings 26 May 00:11
- Gingerbread1992 entered her project Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings to StoryBox Contest 20 May 09:21
- Kelsey B. favorited Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings 16 May 07:17
- Cheryl favorited Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings 11 May 06:18
- Devious_Insightful_Pixie favorited Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings 10 May 02:19
- mpanda favorited Doctor Who, Gallifrey Earrings 03 May 09:17
First, draw circumference of coin 10 times onto sheet of paper and cut out as accurately as possible (you will need to glue 5 pieces together for each earring)
Then trace or draw your Gallifreyan image(s) onto 4 of the circles (depending on whether you want the image on both sides of each earring) using pencil and then pen.
Glue all the disks together, with the designed piece of the top and leave to dry.
(I placed several heavy books on top of them while they dried, to keep them flat)
Alternatively, you can glue all the pieces together first and then transfer the design after the pieces have dried.
When each piece has dried properly, drill or pierce a small hole in each 'disk' big enough to fit a finding into.
Unfortunately I did not have a small drill handy which is possibly why the hole is frayed quite a bit and looks very rough. I did however use a dress making pin to press/pierce a hole in each one, which works but doesn't look very professional.
Finally, use your pliers to attach your findings and you are done :D