Revamp a sweater in to a coffee sleeve
I used to have the softest sweater coffee sleeve from the former Caribou Coffee, but lost it some place in the black hole of my car (I really try to be organized but believe it or not I am not always so successful!). Now that the weather is cool and it is hot coffee time, I decided to make another reusable sleeve. I wanted the cozy sweater feel of my former sleeve, so I literally used a sweater sleeve to fashion this one. Read on for the instructions...
- Jasmine S. favorited Diy Sweater Coffee Sleeve 27 Aug 06:57
- Elizabeth T. added Diy Sweater Coffee Sleeve to For Future Reference 08 Jan 01:14
- Amanda M. favorited Diy Sweater Coffee Sleeve 06 Jan 04:21
- Sarah W. favorited Diy Sweater Coffee Sleeve 06 Jan 01:48
- chelsea mohrman | farm fresh therapy published their project Diy Sweater Coffee Sleeve 18 Dec 02:43
-Small sweater (make sure the sleeve is small- it will stretch and you don't want it too loose)
-Sewing machine or needle & thread if you want to sew by hand
-Ribbon, buttons, or whatever else you want to use to embellish your sleeve- this is optional
1. Cut the sleeve off the sweater- approximately 5 inches wide
4. Add extras as desired- I used some green trim and a button to fix the trim to the sleeve as the trim diameter was not large enough to fit around the sewing machine base. Also keep in mind that adding any strips around the center may lessen the overall diameter of your sleeve so it may not accommodate larger cups.