Turn any photo into a canvas art piece!
I love the way photos look on canvas... but I dislike how ridiculously expensive they are. Fear not those who agree with me, there is an easy solution that looks great!
- Stacey F. favorited Diy Photo Canvas 31 Mar 09:53
- Charmaine B. favorited Diy Photo Canvas 18 Dec 19:12
- Angela I. favorited Diy Photo Canvas 20 Jul 16:54
- Helen V. added Diy Photo Canvas to Cloths and such 12 May 20:46
- dippydiscoball added Diy Photo Canvas to maybe one day 03 May 15:22
- Chudames favorited Diy Photo Canvas 03 May 03:32
- Andrea Arch published her project Diy Photo Canvas 18 Mar 18:45
Using your paintbrush, coat the front and sides of the canvas with Mod Podge. Press your image into the center of the canvas first, then carefully smooth out the image from the center out. I used both my fingers and the back of a spoon. Make sure every inch is adhered to the canvas! A little planning ahead is necessary to know where your center is... be careful so you don't skew the image and not have enough for the sides.
One the image is securely wrapped around the canvas, allow to dry for a little bit (15 minutes or so). Then apply another coat of Mod Podge over the front, sides and back edges. Yes, it'll make your image look milky... DON'T PANIC! Mod Podge will dry clear.
On the sides of one of them, I dry brushed on some black acrylic paint to give it a worn/antique-ish look. Totally optional though.