Make a new tie from scratch!
Got a big event coming up and struggling to find the perfect tie? Make one with this step by step tutorial! Great for weddings or other formal events - also makes an awesome handmade gift!
- lin d. favorited Diy Neck Tie 11 Apr 18:47
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Diy Neck Tie to Gift ideas 11 Apr 15:57
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Diy Neck Tie to To-make 11 Apr 15:57
- The Crafty Gentleman replied to a comment on his project Diy Neck Tie 10 Apr 11:18
- Steph. favorited Diy Neck Tie 09 Apr 13:53
- Steph. commented on Diy Neck Tie 09 Apr 13:53
- TheYearlingBlog favorited Diy Neck Tie 09 Apr 13:50
- The Crafty Gentleman published his project Diy Neck Tie 09 Apr 06:00
Using an existing tie, cut out two templates from the heavy fabric (one for each end of the tie). Similarly, cut out the same shapes from the decorative fabric – but with some excess fabric on each side. Finally, cut out two triangles from the decorative fabric that over fit the ends of the other decorative fabric pieces you have cut. This will give you 6 pieces (see photo).
Sew these two long pieces together along the flat end (i.e. not the triangle end). You’ll need to carefully line up both the decorative fabric and the heavy fabric template, then sew them together. Make sure to fold the ends of the decorative fabric inwards before you sew – this way, the seam won’t be visible from the back.