Make a beautiful and unique kimono with this step by step tutorial!
Kimonos make me feel like a love child from the 60′s. They make me want to sit cross-legged in a circle with friends and braid each others’ hair while listening to the best of Simon and Garfunkel. So of course I needed to share the love. The world would be a better place if everyone wore a kimono.
- 102758_2F2014-06-22-214823-kimono+template.jpg 150 KB [ Download ]
- shari.martin2 added Diy – Kimono to Blouses/tunics 23 Jan 23:04
- Victoria L. favorited Diy – Kimono 01 Jan 14:47
- Eva K. favorited Diy – Kimono 07 Mar 23:30
- RareJewel favorited Diy – Kimono 16 May 05:25
- Second Hand Susie added Diy – Kimono to Beatles Look 22 Apr 08:54
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Diy – Kimono 18 Nov 00:39
- Leanne F. favorited Diy – Kimono 07 Sep 00:43
- autumn rose l. favorited Diy – Kimono 10 Aug 02:43
- Katie N. favorited Diy – Kimono 21 May 16:33
- Lee S. favorited Diy – Kimono 20 Apr 18:13
STEP 1: Cut one of the scarves in half lengthwise and fold the raw edges in at about 1″. Pin to secure in place and iron your folds using an iron or hair straightener. As you can see, I probably should have ironed my fabric, but kimonos are about free spirits and free spirits don’t iron. Not much anyway.