Faux solid gold cuff DIY
I've wanted to do this DIY for a while now, but couldn't figure out the best way recreate a metal cuff. That is until I went fabric shopping and found this amazing gold fabric. I bought a metre without really knowing what I was going to do with it, until it hit me... Gold Cuff DIY.
I've used a plastic bottle for the base. I had to play around a bit to find one that was sturdy and had the right gradient. I'd suggest trying a few to find the right fit before committing to the fabric.
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Gold Cuff 11 Sep 10:26
- Kathy C. favorited Diy Gold Cuff 08 May 02:25
- Shirin L. favorited Diy Gold Cuff 07 Nov 15:52
- ntina.ntonti favorited Diy Gold Cuff 11 Feb 10:32
- ntina.ntonti added Diy Gold Cuff to DIY the look 11 Feb 10:32
- Laouen favorited Diy Gold Cuff 07 Dec 20:18
- Yvonne C. favorited Diy Gold Cuff 24 Nov 08:45
- MzErikaChevonne favorited Diy Gold Cuff 26 Oct 19:49
- doeeyeddame added Diy Gold Cuff to Wonder Woman 30 Sep 23:58
- Aby M. added Diy Gold Cuff to Lady Loki 10 Aug 14:00
Cut a section of the plastic bottle that fits your wrist, to the size you want your cuff to be. Make a vertical cut along one side to make the cuff
Trace around the whole of the "cuff".
Cut about a inch around this line.
Clip out the corners to create neater edges later on.
Beginning at one end glue your fabric tabs to the inside of the cuff. If you're using a glue gun, spread the glue onto the fabric and allow to cool for a few seconds before sticking to the plastic.
Keeping the fabric tight glue down all the tabs. Don't put glue onto the outside of the cuff!
That's the gold cuff DIY. Any ideas for how to use the rest of this gold fabric?