Cost of cute platform sneakers online: $80 and up. Cost of making it yourself: less than $20!
I was browsing online one day and saw an adorable pair of pastel galaxy print creepers. I clicked the link to the shop and they were 130 USD -__-
So I took it upon myself to make my own, and I'll show you how, too!
- Carina F. favorited DIY Galaxy Print Creepers 09 Mar 21:26
- Dead4CEREALZ entered her project DIY Galaxy Print Creepers to Ladies Of Letterpress 23 Jun 03:31
- Dead4CEREALZ entered her project DIY Galaxy Print Creepers to Bug Bingo & DIY Board Games 10 Jan 02:37
- Dead4CEREALZ entered her project DIY Galaxy Print Creepers to Kawaii Box 18 Sep 00:39
- Monika Gottindottir added DIY Galaxy Print Creepers to Cool Mods 15 Sep 14:29
- Monika Gottindottir favorited DIY Galaxy Print Creepers 15 Sep 14:29
- Dead4CEREALZ published her project DIY Galaxy Print Creepers 14 Sep 20:23
Once both rubber bottoms are cut off, glue them onto the bottoms of the good shoes. My good shoes were new, because I didn't have any other shoes I was willing to part with. I got them for 5 bucks from Walmart. Make sure the two parts are glued together really well, so they don't fall apart while you're wearing them.
Next, mix a medium purple color. Mine was about 2 parts blue, one part red, and 3 parts white. Dab that on a little less than you did the blue. Then, mix a pink with 3 parts white and one part red. Dab that on even less than the purple. Finally, dab, very lightly, a little white over top.
I didn't take a lot of pictures for this because my hands were covered in paint.
Take the duct tape off and add any embellishments you want. You can see, I added a black strip of fabric, some skinny lavender and powder blue ribbon, and a cute bow. I attached them all with hot glue. Let everything dry for at least 30 minutes. My glitter glue took a long time to completely dry, like an hour.