Rustic Autumn Apple
Clean up your wood scraps and create rustic Fall decor for inside or out. This project uses leftovers and costs next-to-nothing, but will have a huge impact in your seasonal decorating display.
- Victoria L. favorited Diy Fall Decor Using Scrap Wood 01 Jan 11:01
- amyistheparty added Diy Fall Decor Using Scrap Wood to Autumn Housewarming 26 Apr 22:05
- HerNameIsAlixx added Diy Fall Decor Using Scrap Wood to DIY The Room - Palaye Royale 29 Nov 13:16
- Mary S. favorited Diy Fall Decor Using Scrap Wood 22 Sep 06:51
- Shelly @ 100Things2Do.ca favorited her project Diy Fall Decor Using Scrap Wood 14 Sep 21:34
- Shelly @ 100Things2Do.ca published her project Diy Fall Decor Using Scrap Wood 14 Sep 10:06
Lay out your plywood piece on a work surface. Collect together all of your scrap wood pieces, whether they be decking, fence posts or otherwise, and try to fill in the surface of your plywood. You are creating a mosaic or puzzle look here - so mix, match, shuffle and rearrange until you have created an 'almost' solid surface.
Use your marker to draw out your shape. In this case, I didn't have enough wood to create the 'chubby bottom' of a pumpkin, so I opted for an apple instead. Cut out your shape using a jig saw.
(If any pieces come loose, just re-adhere and weight back into place)
The finished size of this project is 21" by 19" - but you could go larger or smaller depending on your scrap pile and where you'd like it displayed.