The Best Bookmark Ever
This DIY Elastic Bookmark is really easy to make and makes a great gift for the book lover in your life.
- Sally y. favorited Diy Elastic Bookmark 20 Jul 00:03
- WerewolfCas favorited Diy Elastic Bookmark 29 Mar 09:48
- LUPE68 favorited Diy Elastic Bookmark 21 Mar 07:31
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Diy Elastic Bookmark 04 Mar 00:32
- Dreamingofrain favorited Diy Elastic Bookmark 03 Mar 23:32
- bumblebreeblog published her project Diy Elastic Bookmark 17 Oct 23:34
I started by getting my materials. I used my Cricut® Phrases Cartridge to cut the bookmarks out of beautiful scrapbook paper, two sides for each bookmark.
I then cut my elastic…I don’t really measure anything so I just eyeballed it. (Thank goodness elastic is stretchy) The last item I needed was my trusty Glue Gun.
Assembling the bookmarks is super easy! Take the two sides of the bookmark and put them back to back making sure they line up. Very carefully pull back the top piece of paper so that you can put glue inside the bookmarks without the two sides separating. Now put a large line of glue about ¼ inch from the top. Quickly place both sides of the elastic into the glue and push the sides of the paper together, while pushing the glue to the edges. The bottom part of the bookmark is now open.
To finish it off, I put a thick amount of Mod Podge Fabric between the papers to adhere the two sides together. Once it dries it ready to use!
To use, all you have to do is place the bookmark inside the book, close the book, and stretch the elastic over the spine.