Make It Get Your Party On Confections Celebrate More… Style It: DIY Bottle Cap Earrings This post was originally featured on A Beautiful Mess.
You can make your own bottle cap earrings using bottle caps from your favorite contemporary beverages – or you can use vintage bottle caps like I did. I purchased my caps on eBay, but you can often find them at flea markets and antique fairs as well.
- Key West Witch favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 05 May 03:52
- Michaela F. favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 02 Sep 11:24
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 19 Jul 02:51
- Rachel Y. favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 08 May 19:08
- Tierra T. favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 08 Nov 05:06
- Nicolette added Diy Bottle Cap Earrings to DIY Earrings 19 Oct 13:28
- Chudames favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 15 Oct 22:04
- BeckaKnits favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 13 Oct 04:31
- meg B. favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 24 Jun 23:20
- patti.nealon favorited Diy Bottle Cap Earrings 13 Jun 10:02
First, you’ll need to punch a hole in your bottle caps. Find a sturdy surface to work on (a sturdy table or concrete floor work best). You may want to protect your surface as well – work on top of a wooden cutting board, for instance. 2. Decide where you want your hole to be and position the tip of the awl on the inside of the bottle cap (see photo). Hammer the end of the awl so that the tip goes through the cap, leaving a hole.
Use the round-nose pliers to form a loop at the top. Attach your ear wires and close the loop securely. For more detailed instructions on working with head-pins, visit this link. Repeat steps 2 through 5 for the second earring. Note: You may even want to add a second hole in each bottle cap to attach more beads or dangling chain. Repeat the instructions above for the bottom hole.