Create some gorgeous wall decor with Liberty of London.
Finished size: 10.5cm (4¼in) in diameter
Materials for each unembroidered sticker:
Use the same materials as for the embroidered stickers but without the embroidery cotton and replacing the linen with a 15cm (6in) square of Liberty Tana Lawn (Haxby).
- stickers_ill.eps 555 KB [ Download ]
- Becky favorited Liberty Decorative Stickers 18 May 10:10
- Emma H. favorited Liberty Decorative Stickers 18 May 13:38
- Alecia B. favorited Liberty Decorative Stickers 01 Aug 16:19
- Michelle S. added Liberty Decorative Stickers to Around The Home 11 May 02:08
- Len favorited Liberty Decorative Stickers 18 Jul 01:14
You Will Need
Embroider your chosen motif in the centre of the linen, working each stitch over two linen threads. Use two strands of Special Mouliné cotton for the cross stitch and one strand for the backstitch.
1?Trace a 10.5cm (4¼in) diameter circle on the stiff interfacing and cut out.
2?Centre the embroidered linen on the interfacing and then pin through both layers. Trim the excess linen 1.5cm (5?8in) from the interfacing.
3?Using a double thread, work running stitch in the margin around the edge of the fabric. Pull the thread to gather the linen down over the interfacing and then fasten off. Sew the linen overlap to the interfacing with large slip stitches, taking care not to go through to the right side of the embroidery.
4?Fix your stickers to the required spots with double-sided adhesive tape.
THESE DESIGNS COULD ALSO BE USED TO MAKE PRETTY PATCHES TO SEW ON POCKETS OR BAGS, AND THEY WOULD MAKE CHARMING FRAMED PICTURES.