Ice Cream for those of us who can't eat dairy! Or just a really healthy ice cream!
I'm lactose intolerant. Which means I can't have dairy. I handle it pretty well, and usually it dosen't bother me. Except for one day, last week, everyone was sitting around eating ice cream. I was just staring sadly/enviously at all their ice cream, when my genius boyfriend says to me, "Why don't you just make your own ice cream?" "GASP! That's a BRILLIANT idea", I said (You see now why I keep him around?!!) So, I experimented, and made my own little concoction! Checkk out
- Mypeacelovelife.com replied to a comment on her project Dairy Free Ice Cream! 31 Oct 23:11
- bovdwal added Dairy Free Ice Cream! to eten 31 Jul 20:06
- reblav added Dairy Free Ice Cream! to food 23 Mar 16:04
- cayla.klett favorited Dairy Free Ice Cream! 15 Feb 19:56
- tiffany.robinson.900 favorited Dairy Free Ice Cream! 12 Feb 00:51
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Dairy Free Ice Cream! 26 Jan 22:26
- Roslast favorited Dairy Free Ice Cream! 19 Jan 02:11
- Mypeacelovelife.weebly.com commented on her project Dairy Free Ice Cream! 02 Jan 07:01
- Syeyon K. commented on Dairy Free Ice Cream! 28 Dec 11:53
- Mypeacelovelife.weebly.com commented on her project Dairy Free Ice Cream! 28 Dec 00:38
Step #1. Make a smoothie.
Get out your blender and make the health smoothie that I wrote about on here before. Click on the picture for the link [on my website])>>>
Step #2. Pour the smoothie in a bowl.
It will look like a little soupy mixture, as shown below :)
Mine is a bit of a brownish color, from the banana, and I also blended some peanut butter in. So don't worry if it isn't white. Remember this is not real ice cream haha :)
Step #3. Put the bowl in the freezer.
Step #4. Wait. and Stir.
After about half an hour, check on it. The top layer should be frozen. Stir the frozen chunks in with the rest of the mixture. Put it back in the freezer, and wait another 15 minutes. Stir again. Continue doing this until it is the consistency you want it. I only stir mine twice, because I like mine still kind of melty.
Step #4. Tadaaaa!
Take your "ice cream" out of the freezer, then add whatever you like to it! I added chocolate syrup and sprinkles to mine! Yuuuuummm!