Like to paint? Boring headphones?
NOTE: Most of the time is taken up waiting for things to dry.
This is basically about painting and adding whatever you like to your headphones to make them look prettier. The equipment I have listed is only a basic idea.
This can be done with any headphones, although those with a fabric head band will need fabric paint/ink.
These particular headphones were part of an art-trade with charm maker Demi-Plum on deviantArt.
- Conner W. added Customised Headphones: Demi Plum to gadgets stuff 29 Jun 19:27
- Conner W. added Customised Headphones: Demi Plum to anime/manga 29 Jun 01:32
- Conner W. favorited Customised Headphones: Demi Plum 29 Jun 01:32
- Jenna C. favorited Customised Headphones: Demi Plum 23 Nov 19:56
- Ky Yuuki favorited Customised Headphones: Demi Plum 03 Feb 03:43
Lay down newspaper, old magazines, etc. to protect your work surface.
Prepare your headphones. Make sure they are clean. If they are old, ensure they still work and that nothing is peeling off.
Prepare your design. If you aren't very confident, draw your design first on a spare piece of paper.
Remember you can cover the inside and outside of the headband, the earpads... pretty much everywhere :)
Paint your headphones with their base colour. With this set I made, the base colour was white.
Then draw your design onto the paint with your pencil. If you make a mistake, you can just paint over it and start again.
Paint the rest of your design. Once this is dry, add any glitter, if you wish. Do not add diamontes/beads/anything 3D yet.
Spray/paint your headphones with sealer/gloss to protect your paint job.
Once this is dry, you can add any 3D components you like.
And it's done :3