Great as a gift!
Custom block printing! Can be made as simple or complex as you like- stick to basic shapes for a simple geometric pattern or make multiple part blocks for multicoloured designs!
You can use standard acrylic for this project as long as you don't lay it on too thick, if you're worried then use fabric paint or add a fabric medium to your acrylic.
I'm using premade plain scarves because I have found these to be cheaper and easier than buying the fabric, but this technique is great for custom printing your own fabrics too.
- Alma favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 17 Jun 10:22
- Chudames favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 31 Mar 22:35
- demonknitter favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 14 Feb 20:45
- SilverSnake S. favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 06 Feb 19:03
- Oriana F. added Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf to To make 08 Jan 23:13
- Oriana F. favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 08 Jan 23:13
- Birdie R. favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 07 Jan 01:05
- judithchen favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 03 Jan 23:08
- Crafterella featured Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 31 Dec 19:14
- harley r. favorited Custom Printed Chiffon Scarf 15 Dec 10:11
Take a piece of scrap paper and place it under your plain chiffon scarf. This will protect your work surface from the paint that escapes the open weave of the chiffon (It's important that it's paper so you can move it and flip it around so you don't splodge wet paint where you don't want it on your scarf.)
Apply a thin layer of paint to the foam on your printing block, flip it carefully onto your scarf and press down firmly. Make sure you don't move the block at all once you've put it on the fabric. Lift block directly upwards after a couple of seconds.
Repeat until you've printed all you like on your scarf!