And it's soft too
This awesome cloud pillow is made from a cheap piece of white faux velvet that I found at some thrift store and snatched up. I created it by drawing out a large cloud shape (composed of circles of various sizes) and cutting out two pieces, one reversed. They were both sewn to either side of a long strip, stuffed with polyfill, and the gap was hand-stitched shut. I'm pretty proud of the result, and it is marvelously comfy! :)
- Harvey Knowles favorited Cloud Pillow 18 Sep 06:42
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Cloud Pillow 19 Jul 04:19
- San added Cloud Pillow to Sleep Over 01 May 17:52
- Rhea D. favorited Cloud Pillow 09 Nov 18:32
- Micah Ella S. added Cloud Pillow to handmade fashionitas 21 Jul 14:14
- Micah Ella S. added Cloud Pillow to fashionitas 21 Jul 13:50
- Micah Ella S. added Cloud Pillow to handmade crafts 20 Jul 14:59
- CraftyCat added Cloud Pillow to Sewing 13 Jul 18:35
- CraftyCat favorited Cloud Pillow 13 Jul 18:35
- TheYearlingBlog favorited Cloud Pillow 01 May 13:26
Draw a large cloud shape on scrap paper (mine was composed of circles of various sizes. Cut out, the place on top of your white cloth, folded in half so the fabric is doubled underneath the cut-out. Trace the shape onto the cloth, pinning the layers together as needed, and add seam allowance.
Notch the rounded edges and cut small chunks from the inverted points so that the extra fabric doesn't bunch up once the pillow is inside-out.
Cut a long strip of fabric of the width (desired thickness of pillow + 2(seam allowance)). The length can be measured to be perfect, if you so desire, or just kind of eyed. Either way, cut it longer than you imagine you'll need.
Pin one side of the long strip around one cloud piece, right sides together. Sew around, but don't cut the excess fabric from the long piece yet.
Repeat on the other side. There should now be a gap in the long strip, possibly with excess material, but both sides of the pillow should be sewn. Turn inside out and stuff pillow with poly-fill.
Cut excess fabric and hand-sew the gap shut, using an invisible stitch. You're done! Enjoy the rockin' cloud pillow!