Great for Storing Projects, Toys, Supplies
See what you have through the clear bag. Great for storing and finding craft supplies. Zipper closure keeps everything inside securely.
- Devon S. favorited Clear Zipper Bag 12 Jan 05:29
- Alice Evans favorited Clear Zipper Bag 05 Apr 06:26
- Steve J. favorited Clear Zipper Bag 12 Jan 06:10
- Whitney I. favorited Clear Zipper Bag 12 Aug 09:01
- Caron K. added Clear Zipper Bag to Zipper Pouches 23 Dec 08:05
- Caron K. favorited Clear Zipper Bag 23 Dec 08:05
- kzk favorited Clear Zipper Bag 28 Nov 17:48
- Katrina C. favorited Clear Zipper Bag 02 May 05:47
- sara d. favorited Clear Zipper Bag 25 Mar 20:07
- Amalie added Clear Zipper Bag to Bags 23 Feb 18:05
1 zipper per bag
2 strips of fabric per bag
Plastic for the bag- I used the table plastic cover you can get from Joanne’s. I did medium thickness. Sewed great. If you get the thicker stuff or you find your plastic sticking terribly when sewing lay a piece of tissue paper under and on top of it when sewing. Then it can’t stick to your feed dogs or your pressure foot. ALSO: We cut our bag size (the length of the zipper + the width we wanted) with the fold at the bottom. This makes your life easy when trying to line things up before sewing the sides. Believe me!!
Pick out your zippers and cut 2 strips per bag.
Cut to 3″ by whatever the length of the zipper was. If you would like your bag smaller than the zipper than leave it long right now. you can trim it later.
To save some time and an extra step fold over one edge 1/4 inch to the wrong side and iron.
Line up the ironed edge to the zipper edge. Then sew in place using your zipper foot. That way you can get sort of closer to the zipper. We didn’t make ours invisible as you can see.
Repeat for both sides.
Lay open and flat the sewn strips- Place on top of the plastic. Sew this down using 1/4 inch seam allowance. Repeat with the other side.
Now you sort of have a tube. Open the zipper up so your hand can slip through (not fun to try and turn when it is closed). Fiddle with the sides and get them all lined up so there are no puckers or problems. Having the clear plastic fold at the bottom makes this very easy to adjust!!
Right sides will be facing.
Sew down each side of the bag.
Sew over the zipper too. –if the zipper is too long you may trim at this point. Then turn it right sides out!