Patisserie at Home
© 2019 Will Torrent / Ryland Peters & Small · Reproduced with permission. · Patisserie at Home by Will Torrent, published by Ryland Peters & Small and photography by Jonathan Gregson. Images copyright Ryland Peters & Small.
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 17 Jan 22:05
- Bird55021 favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 13 Sep 18:16
- Lastie favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 28 Aug 15:33
- Charlotte H. favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 18 Aug 12:00
- Miss Monstro favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 13 Aug 12:22
- Kaiulani W. favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 10 Jul 00:49
- geolomas favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 07 Jul 04:06
- Regina K. favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 01 Jul 03:11
- jade.owen.338 added Chocolate And Beer Cake to Cakes 27 Jun 18:49
- Angel C. favorited Chocolate And Beer Cake 26 Jun 02:06
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 1kg loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Put the butter and beer in a saucepan over a low heat until it melts.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl and add the sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, chocolate pieces and melted butter mixture. Mix to combine.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes. A skewer in the middle of the cake should come out clean and the top of the cake should bounce back slightly when prodded. Allow to cool slightly in the pan, then tip out and serve warm as a dessert with a chocolate sauce, or eat cold when it becomes moist and irresistible.