Glass and Brass Cherry Earrings
I had a long strand of red glass beads that looked like cherries, found some glass leaves and...bam! Cute cherry earrings!
- jackie c. favorited Cherry Earrings 18 Jun 21:48
- Donna M. favorited Cherry Earrings 03 Jun 22:29
- sarah g. favorited Cherry Earrings 13 Apr 04:03
- abigail r. added Cherry Earrings to Jewellery 04 Feb 01:11
- Abnormal Abby favorited Cherry Earrings 20 Jan 00:43
- Abnormal Abby added Cherry Earrings to Jewellry 10 Jun 23:14
- Libby W. favorited Cherry Earrings 07 Jan 18:03
Figure out how long you want your earrings to dangle. Cut (with wire cutters) 2 of the head pins for the longest stems, leave room to make a loop at the top. I suggest cutting them at the same time so they will be the same length. Repeat this step for the shorter stems.
Put the red glass beads on the stems and use your round nose pliers to make closed loops at the top of each stem. If you have not done this before you may want to practice on some extra wire a few times so that you can make the loop the right size.
Gently use your pliers to open the jump rings just wide enough to slip the glass leaves on, gentle close them back so that the ends meet.
Carefully use your pliers to open the loop on the end of your earring hook and hang 1 of each item on the loop, you can experiment with the order that you place them as it will make them hang differently, I like to put the leaf in the front. Close up the loop on the earring, repeat on the second hook, make sure you use the same order on each hook.
Wear your earrings!!