Stir-fried Malaysian rice noodles
Adapted from Saveur
- JJ W. favorited Char Kway Teow 18 Apr 18:30
- Kenny the kitty favorited Char Kway Teow 22 May 17:19
- missamimizuno favorited Char Kway Teow 23 Jan 23:25
- RiaCreations favorited Char Kway Teow 21 Jan 16:57
- Jay favorited Char Kway Teow 11 Jan 16:03
- nong.alonly favorited Char Kway Teow 24 Dec 04:28
- Chelsea favorited Char Kway Teow 20 Dec 17:27
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Char Kway Teow 20 Dec 02:27
You Will Need
Heat oil in a wok or nonstick skillet over high heat. Add paste, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sausage, and cook, flipping shrimp once, until barely pink, about 1 minute. Break noodles apart with your fingers and add to wok along with soy sauce and sugar; cook, stirring often, until noodles are evenly coated and heated through, about 1 minute.
Make a well in the center of the noodles; add egg, and cook, without stirring, until the white is half-set, about 45 seconds. Add sprouts and chives, and stir noodles and egg until evenly incorporated and sprouts and chives begin to wilt, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.