200 Crochet Stitches
Catherine Wheel is a really interesting stitch and certainly one that benefits from being worked in more than one colour. It
is similar in construction to Starburst stitch, but this time the circles are broken up by rows and columns of double crochet between the fans and clusters. This difference becomes more apparent when the stitch is worked in two colours and helps to create the illusion of the circles spinning. As with Petal stitch, it will become necessary to break colours when they change and so weaving these in as you go will save lots of finishing at the end of your project. There is no reason why you should not use more than two colours as a repeating or random sequence. However, the original image will tend to be lost as the eye tries to read the colour pattern, rather than the stitch pattern. Catherine wheel uses the cluster technique. This involves working [yarn round hook, insert hook into designated stitch, yarn round hook, draw loop through, yarn round hook, draw through two loops] over the directed number of stitches and is then completed by one final yarn round hook and drawing through all the loops on the hook.
- Sheri P. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 30 Mar 07:19
- Pimke added Catherine Wheel Stitch to Häckelmuster 22 Jan 16:11
- Karen D. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 10 Jan 02:22
- Kimiko G. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 10 Aug 20:43
- WJ W. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 24 Jun 16:02
- Angel C. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 06 May 19:38
- amber k. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 26 Apr 05:36
- DARLA E. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 20 Apr 19:39
- Jennifer C. added Catherine Wheel Stitch to crochet 15 Apr 22:46
- Eleni Z. favorited Catherine Wheel Stitch 14 Apr 18:29
Repeat Steps 2–5.
Cl (cluster): work [yrh, insert hook, yrh, draw loop through, yrh, draw through 2 loops] over the designated number of sts, yrh, draw through all loops on hook.