Molly - Cat ears turn this simple wire ring into something extra special.
Wire alone can make the best jewelry; simply take two gauges of wire and create a cute, quirky ring.
18 gauge (SWG 19, 1mm) wire would work but it will be harder to form into the initial shape as thicker wire is stiffer to start with.
© 2018 Sian Hamilton / GMC Publications · Reproduced with permission. · Cats by Sian Hamilton, published by GMC (£9.99, available from www.thegmcgroup.com)
- Carla B. favorited Cat Ring 16 Sep 01:31
- Lindsay A. favorited Cat Ring 06 Feb 16:19
- Shayna K. favorited Cat Ring 21 Sep 00:54
- Heather M. favorited Cat Ring 29 Aug 03:07
- PineconePrincess favorited Cat Ring 28 May 22:57
- Kt Bing added Cat Ring to Crazy Cat Lady DIY's 26 May 09:02
- Tayna F. favorited Cat Ring 18 Mar 12:03
- Izzy H. favorited Cat Ring 09 Mar 15:53
- Jill K. added Cat Ring to Jewelry 23 Jan 19:04
- Shayla F. favorited Cat Ring 29 Nov 06:58
Again move the pliers to the end of the wire, holding against the bend you made in step 2. Hold the wire in the jaws up at the handle end and bend the wire against the pliers so you make what looks like a step. Look at the photo here to check you are bending the wire in the right direction. Repeat for the other side.
Looking at the wire, you should have six bends. Counting from the left, hold the wire in the point of the chain-nose pliers next to bend two and push it past the right angle to make a triangle shape (like a cat’s ear). Now count to bend five and do the same. This should have pushed the outside wire to sit in line with the wire in-between the ears.
Take the piece of 26 gauge wire and, starting on the outside of one ear, wrap the wire around the ring shank four times on the outside of the ear. Then take the 26 gauge wire through the ear and continue to wrap it along the ring. Keep wrapping in between the ears and inside the second ear, then finally wrap four times on the outside of the second ear. Use the side cutters to cut off any excess wire, making sure the cut is on the outside of the ring so it doesn’t catch on the skin.