This cosy was inspired by my love of tea cosies and roses.
This project puts them both together for a wonderful addition to the tea table.
- Miranda M. added Button Rose Tea Cosy to Trolls World Tour Party 14 Apr 09:21
- js-m crafts commented on Button Rose Tea Cosy 16 Dec 21:06
- js-m crafts favorited Button Rose Tea Cosy 16 Dec 21:04
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Button Rose Tea Cosy 04 Mar 16:12
- Sonia Shrestha added Button Rose Tea Cosy to The Burrow - House of the Weasley Family 07 Nov 04:29
- Louise G. published her project Button Rose Tea Cosy 16 Jun 09:00
You Will Need
BASIC KNITTED PATTERN TEMPLATE
Floral Cosy - medium sized tea pot
Cast on 84 stitches and knit 4 rows in K1, P1 rib.
5th row - K40, cast off next 4 stitches and K to end
6th row - P40, turn
Continue for 38 more rows.
Join wool to remaining 40 stitches and K40 rows in stocking stitch.
Change to DPN needles (20 stitches per needle)
1st row - K to end (join up)
2nd row - decrease (K2tog) at each end of each needle.
Continue row 1 & 2 until 2 stitches remain on each needle.
Thread a yarn needle with the yarn and pull through the remaining stitches Pull firmly and secure with a stitch or two to hold in place.
Sew the bottom ribbing together and you are all done.
CROCHET ROSE PATTERN
Once the cosy is finished, the fun begins.
Leaving a 10-12 inch tail, chain 41.
Row 1 - Dc in 4th chain from hook. Ch 2, 2 dc in same space. *Ch 1, skip 2 chains. In next chain 2 dc, 2 ch, 2 dc. Repeat from * to the end. Ch 1, turn.
Row 2 - Slip stitch into first ch 2 space. Chain 3, 6 dc in same space. *Sc in ch 1 space. 7 dc in next ch 2 space. Repeat from * to the end. Fasten off.
Thread the tail end of the yarn onto a yarn sewing needle. Roll the crocheted piece to form a rose. Carefully stitch along the bottom and secure tightly so that it doesn't come 'unrolled'.