If you decide you want something different from your traditional Christmas tree, then this tutorial is definitely for you!
I love love love Christmas but get bored at seeing all the same things in the shops! Make yourself one of these for Christmas and you will have all your friends and family admiring your Christmas tree this year!
- Rebecca M. favorited Button Christmas Tree 18 Jun 03:02
- Emma H. favorited Button Christmas Tree 28 Dec 19:24
- Jolanda favorited Button Christmas Tree 13 Dec 00:32
- Cat Morley favorited Button Christmas Tree 05 Dec 20:14
- Hazel S. favorited Button Christmas Tree 28 Nov 06:27
- Jenn W. favorited Button Christmas Tree 27 Aug 15:31
- 02jhseaby added Button Christmas Tree to Try 08 Jun 17:24
- 02jhseaby favorited Button Christmas Tree 08 Jun 17:24
- ale_corason favorited Button Christmas Tree 15 Jan 08:41
- KelliDroze added Button Christmas Tree to Seasonal 09 Jan 23:16
Take the tree outside and spray paint it black, making sure you get in between all the little buttons. Also make sure it's not windy when you do it as I learnt the hard way when the black paint came back in my face! Bring the tree back inside and leave it to dry. I put it next to the heater and it dried in no time.
Once the tree is dry, put a very small amount of silver paint on the scourer and then dab it on some paper so that there is only a thin layer.
Gently rub the scourer down the tree until you have silver lines over the top of the buttons and you are happy with the effect. I had to go over some a few times to get the look I wanted.