Costume Butterfly Wings
We're going to the Faerie Festival next weekend and I needed costume wings for my daughter. Since it's not close to Halloween, it's been impossible finding them in the stores.
I found a garden pinwheel and decided to make my wings from them.
They are very light-weight and I feel like they turned out really well.
- Key West Witch favorited Butterfly Wings From Garden Pinwheel 28 Jun 11:23
- Crafterella added Butterfly Wings From Garden Pinwheel to Emilie Autumn 10 Jun 15:15
- LoveIsBlue favorited Butterfly Wings From Garden Pinwheel 28 Jan 04:31
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Butterfly Wings From Garden Pinwheel 12 Dec 17:36
- Nikkie B. favorited Butterfly Wings From Garden Pinwheel 06 Sep 17:25
I cut the spokes from the flower and then hot glued the petals together to form the wings.
I attached each wing to a strip of cardboard to attach them to each other.
I covered the cardboard with black felt and hot glued the felt on.
I looped rubber bands together to form the arm straps. I needed five for each strap.
I hot glued strips of felt over the ends of the rubber bands to attach them to the cardboard.