A 3 Dimensional Greeting Card with a Hanging Butterfly
Wow your friends and family with a card which looks beautiful but is quite easy to make. The card folds flat for posting. The printables and the step by step tutorial are all in the attachment.
©Sheila Rodgers 2014.
- 114306_2F2016-05-18-100256-BASE+OF+CARD+AND+TOPPER+-+BUTTERFLIES+1.jpg 156 KB [ Download ]
- 114306_2F2016-05-18-101350-BUTTERFLIES+AND+STAY+-+BUTTERFLIES+1.jpg 170 KB [ Download ]
- 114306_2F2016-05-18-102631-INSERT+-+BUTTERFLIES+1.jpg 49 KB [ Download ]
- 114306_2F2016-05-18-102635-MAIN+EASEL+-+BUTTERFLIES+1.jpg 193 KB [ Download ]
- Rhonda K. favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 18 Aug 00:15
- Dawn A. favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 15 Apr 06:26
- Yolmac favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 24 Apr 14:05
- Sheila R. entered her project Butterfly Hanging Easel Card to The Little Bullet Book 20 Jan 13:45
- Jayne R. added Butterfly Hanging Easel Card to Card Making Techniques 23 Jun 11:22
- Jayne R. favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 23 Jun 11:21
- Cheryl S. added Butterfly Hanging Easel Card to Creating Cards 19 Dec 17:02
- mary v. favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 12 Jun 10:45
- Neko-San K. favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 11 Jun 13:23
- Teresa D. favorited Butterfly Hanging Easel Card 11 Jun 07:44
Turn the main card piece face down and score along the centre fold line.
Take the patterned square of card and turn it face
up. Stick it to the end of the main card - see photo. It doesn’t matter if you can see the tape because this will be hidden behind the insert BUT make sure you do not put the tape too near the edges because the insert is smaller than the main card and the edges will show.
Put foam pads onto the backs of your stay and the sentiment of your choice.
Carefully fold each butterfly along the edges of it’s body. Layer the butterflies with the largest on the bottom and the smallest on the top. Cut a piece of invisible thread which is long enough to be stuck
between these two bodies and to hang the butterfly from the card. Stick the largest and middle sized butterflies together, making sure you only stick the body - not the wings; and sandwiching the thread in between the bodies. Then stick the smallest butterfly on top of the middle sized butterfly. You will want to fold the wings up once the glue is dry.