Altered brush with texture pastes
This altered brush is full of different textures created with pastes and natural-like elements such as string, stones, leaves and flowers to create a little garden for the butterflies, which are colored with ink pads.
- Ash A. favorited Butterflies' Garden Altered Brush 28 Apr 18:46
- mmotse03 favorited Butterflies' Garden Altered Brush 11 Oct 17:39
- Crafterella featured Butterflies' Garden Altered Brush 29 Aug 23:00
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Butterflies' Garden Altered Brush 28 Aug 21:39
- Nuneka published their project Butterflies' Garden Altered Brush 26 Aug 09:00
Cover the whole brush with white gesso. Dry.
Add texture paste in the handle with a stencil. Dry.
Tie a cord to add interest.
Glue your embellishments and paper leaves.
Glue some art stones where the bristles start. Let it dry.
Stamp a couple of butterflies on watercolor paper.
Color them with distress ink. Add a shinny touch with Lindy's Magicals.
Use rust effect paste to cover the brush (not the bristles). Start with the darkest color and blend it a bit with the medium one. Dry. Use the lighter color to highlight some areas.
Color the bristles area with Lindy's Magicals. Spray water, sprinkle the pigment and spray more water. Dry. Repeat until you are pleased with the results.
Use metallic wax to highlight some areas.
Use a piece of ribbon to tie a metallic plate.
Glue some glitter.
Glue the butterflies.