DIY Idea, Braided Headband
You don't need to know how to knit to make this Timoshenko inspired head braid. All you need is some bulky yarn. Really!
- Momoka added Braided Headband to accessories 02 Sep 22:03
- julie.strier favorited Braided Headband 14 Sep 18:18
- mariatsi favorited Braided Headband 29 Mar 19:11
- C B. added Braided Headband to Things to try 25 Mar 22:58
- Bdandi favorited Braided Headband 14 Feb 11:17
- Nancy! added Braided Headband to Hiver 08 Dec 17:39
- Samantha C. favorited Braided Headband 14 Aug 02:50
- Marleen W. added Braided Headband to Little things 27 Jun 16:01
- emily l. favorited Braided Headband 21 Jun 02:49
- Jezziej! added Braided Headband to Spring / summer '13 08 May 22:01
If you'd like to have a double braid you will need pieces that are about 60" to 63" long. I used 6 pieces in each portion so total 18 pieces in one braid. Tie them up with a hairband, divide in three equal pieces and start braiding.
Tip: You don't even need to cut the yarn until later just in case you are not sure if you like the way your braid looks on you. Leave the yarn uncut, braid it and play with it to see if you like it. You can cut it when you are ready to stitch it up.