Braid Wrapped Top Knot is the perfect way to spice up a top knot.
For this particular hairstyle you will need a hair donut unless you’re a pro and can create it without one. I bet you could also substitute the bun for a regular messy bun if that is the preferred choice of bun.
- Carla B. added Braid Wrapped Top Knot to Style my locks... 21 Jul 19:48
- Carla B. favorited Braid Wrapped Top Knot 21 Jul 19:48
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Braid Wrapped Top Knot 23 Sep 17:39
- Barjaa B. added Braid Wrapped Top Knot to Hairstyles 27 Jun 17:27
- Shelby H. favorited Braid Wrapped Top Knot 08 Feb 06:04
- CraftyCat added Braid Wrapped Top Knot to Fashion 08 Dec 09:54
- CraftyCat favorited Braid Wrapped Top Knot 08 Dec 09:54
- Penny F. added Braid Wrapped Top Knot to Hair styling! 11 Oct 11:27
- KelliDroze added Braid Wrapped Top Knot to Beauty 29 Sep 00:19
- msncook published her project Braid Wrapped Top Knot 16 Jul 21:36
Follow these steps to achieve the Braided Wrapped High Bun:
Start by sweeping all the hair up into a high ponytail – follow these tips for mastering a high ponytail.
Take a hair donut and place the ponytail through the middle so it sits against the head.
Tilting your head down, spread the ponytail around the donut so there is an even amount of head around it.
Grab a metal-free hair band and wrap it over the top of the donut so it keeps the hair spread.
Divide the hair sticking out from the hair band into two halves, left and right.
Braid each side down into a regular braid and secure the end with an hair elastic.
Take the braid on the left and wrap it across the front of the bun and wrap it around the bun.
Pin the end with a hair pin, securing it against the bun.
With the braid on the right side, wrap it towards the left, going around the bun, securing it with another hair pin.
Gently pull on the bun to create a larger bun – this is ideal for making the hairstyle proportional.
Grab some hairspray and smooth down any flyaways creating a seamless look.
Take your favorite headband, I am using this one from ASOS, and place it 1″ – 1.5″ from the hairline.