SEWING A BOLSTER WITH WELT CORD
- Pimke added Bolster Cushion to Nähmuster 26 Jan 12:47
- Sylvie S. favorited Bolster Cushion 29 Dec 16:03
- Sophie A. favorited Bolster Cushion 31 Oct 22:54
- Julie K. favorited Bolster Cushion 26 Oct 12:22
- Ama R. added Bolster Cushion to Jennifer Aniston's Room 25 Aug 23:09
- Monica Handlucci favorited Bolster Cushion 13 Jul 03:39
- 02jhseaby added Bolster Cushion to Try 07 Jun 22:21
- 02jhseaby favorited Bolster Cushion 07 Jun 22:21
- Carla B. favorited Bolster Cushion 15 Mar 08:19
- signe P. added Bolster Cushion to dekoration 03 Mar 19:16
Make release cuts in the seam allowance of the welt cord to help it bend around the circle. Line up the edge of the welt cord tail with the edge of a circle and stitch all the way around until you get back to where you started. Open up the seams in the ends of the welt cord and cut the ends of the cording so they meet.
Repeat steps 18 and 19 for the other bolster ends.
Repeat step 7 to mark the ends of the zipper on the bottom edge of the bolster. Fold the bolster fabric in half lengthwise with the good side facing inward. Use T-pins or the hand-stapling plier to hold the bottom edge together, with the stripes lined up. Begin stitching toward the end of the bolster, 1⁄2" inside the mark made for the end of the zipper. Backstitch the beginning of the seam to lock the threads in place. Stitch until you reach the end, remove the fabric, and repeat for the other end of the bolster.
Repeat steps 10–13 to attach the zipper to the bottom edge of the bolster.
For abnormally sized pillows, like these bolsters, I find it’s more time and cost effective to custom order inserts than make them myself. Companies like Ronco can turn around inserts in a week. All you need to do is provide the finished dimensions and choose a fill!
Just as we did with the welt cord, make release cuts in the seam allowance at the ends of the bolster so the fabric will bend around the circle. With the bolster inside out, lay the seam allowance of an open end on the seam allowance of a circle, good sides facing. To hide the connection in the welt cord, line it up with the bottom seam of the bolster. Place the welt cord under the foot of the sew- ing machine with the seam allowance to the right, and stitch all the way around the end.