Made from a bedsheet!
Strange dress I made out of a black bedsheet XD I picked up the pattern for 99¢ this week and dove in. I like the strange cut of it, though sewing it drove me insane.
The front is super low cut, so a tank or some sort of shirt is necessary. Once I figure out the right size I'll try giving it a different neckline.
The black 'pleat' was a nightmare. But I did a zipper again finally, and am feeling a little more confident with those (of course, I sewed it on backwards the first time, haha).
The is a super frumpy dress when it's on a hanger, or without a belt. I made this one to test out sizing, which of course I got wrong, but a belt helps bring it in and make it wearable~
I did red top stitching all over :) The pattern is McCalls M6396. I cut it at a size 8 - D cup, but I think next time I'll go for the size 4 ^^;
- Key West Witch favorited Black Dress 08 Sep 11:36
- Steph. replied to a comment on Black Dress 20 Sep 09:33
- Kelly Y. favorited Black Dress 08 Jul 23:50
- vermilia c. favorited Black Dress 17 May 20:26
- The Downtown Fiction favorited Black Dress 21 Mar 06:19
- IntrepidMoose favorited Black Dress 21 Jan 03:36
- Shelynn T. favorited Black Dress 15 Jan 00:25
- Hannah S. favorited Black Dress 10 Oct 05:50
- Emma H. favorited Black Dress 14 Sep 14:09
- Emily B. favorited Black Dress 25 Jun 01:41
Jessica posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!