This is a facinator I made for my sister for her evening wedding reception. I made it for her as a surprise to go with her bird print dress she had bought for the evening reception and she loved it (thank goodness). She's since called it the bambi facinator as it reminded her and her husband of when bambi is learning to speak or learn the names of things in the forest like " burd" and "pretty flower" a little in joke between the two of them. I created it from the left over items she had bought for the evening reception' s decorations, something she was really pleased with as she looked coordinated with them :-).
I took a length of ribbon and then attached double sided tape along the back of it and then removed the backing paper of the tape gradually and wound it around the headband tightly in order to cover it completely. Then I arranged the wired pearls crystals and feathers along with the flower and bird how I wanted them and then secured them together with the cake decorating wire and then covered them by wrapping them in the same ribbon as I used on headband. I then sewed the arrangement to the headband by using nylon thread to secure it and avoid the thread breaking.
And it's all done!
- Rebecca M. favorited Birdy Facinator 19 Jun 19:37
- Sarah W. entered her project Birdy Facinator to Ginger Pickle 15 Sep 22:34
- Sarah W. entered her project Birdy Facinator to Couture Keepsakes 05 May 19:29
- Sarah W. entered her project Birdy Facinator to VIVO Masks 07 Sep 21:23
- bkind2me08501 favorited Birdy Facinator 27 Jul 12:11
- Sarah W. entered her project Birdy Facinator to Suncatcher Craft Eyes 27 Mar 17:40
- Sarah W. entered her project Birdy Facinator to Allstarco Contest 04 Feb 16:38
You Will Need
Sarah W. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!