Like the rest of the planet, I love birds. Here’s a playful pair I modeled from a similar set a friend gave me as a gift. (Hers were made entirely of real feathers and perched on little brass bars.)
Sweet and inspiring.
2 x 1 inches (5.1 x 2.5 cm)
© 2020 Candie Cooper / GMC Publications · Reproduced with permission. · Earringology by Candie Cooper, published by Lark (£19.99, available from www.thegmcgroup.com)
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Birds Earrings 19 Jul 04:45
- veronica f. favorited Birds Earrings 19 Dec 19:32
- Harold M. favorited Birds Earrings 23 Sep 12:38
- Brian L. favorited Birds Earrings 23 Sep 05:40
- johan S. favorited Birds Earrings 16 Sep 07:03
- Peter J. favorited Birds Earrings 15 Sep 06:50
- Evan H. favorited Birds Earrings 15 Sep 05:29
- Roxy R. favorited Birds Earrings 12 Sep 19:23
- Barbara M. favorited Birds Earrings 12 Sep 00:53
- Leanne F. favorited Birds Earrings 07 Sep 00:43
You Will Need
Roll some clay into two balls, each 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) in diameter. Pinch each ball into the shape of a bird. They don’t have to be perfect (mine surely are not!). Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the ends of the tails, where you will add feathers, and in the heads, for each of the birds’ eyes.
Slide one jaw of the round-nose pliers into the loop to perfect the shape. This is the bird’s perch.