possibly the most intricate necklaces I have ever made.
right this is yet another harry potter project, well since the UK has been subjected to a potter epidemic and Im infected. I started to think back to the best quirks of the first couple of films. (which I believe to be the food and creatures). so I decided I wanted to make a replica of the bertie beans box and fill it with non edible mini beans too. This was my most intricate scale necklace ever, even more tricky than my krispy kreme doughnut necklace, or my hedwig.Unlike the chocolate frog, its mixed media on a tiny scale, my webcam may not do it justice but its tough probably the toughest project yet.
Now this project is tricky. but like my hedwig necklace you need patience because getting the beans in, folding the box to keep it together and gluing without a glue gun is pretty tricky. to top it all off the little windows of the boxes have film in to add a genuine look, and I handmade all the polymer clay beans inside. The results are fab and its a great way to show potter spirit and in good time for pottermore. I'd love to see versions of this.
- Gente de Massinha favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 14 Nov 22:35
- Rose K. favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 19 Aug 02:43
- Lea Bee favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 19 Jul 19:41
- Jessica N. favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 18 Mar 18:17
- Shantelle t. added Bertie Bots Beans Necklace to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 02:54
- LyricLoserCameron favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 26 Sep 17:53
- L K. favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 15 Aug 08:35
- Danielle C. favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 29 Jun 13:11
- MelZirkle favorited Bertie Bots Beans Necklace 29 Apr 11:41
- Caaryn S. added Bertie Bots Beans Necklace to Harry Potter 10 Mar 06:44
Ok the first thing you need to do is print out the box (pictured here ) you may need to resize it. Onto some thin card. This is an exact replcia. Using a craft knife carefully cut out the box, as the instructions show. The box has a small hole in the bottom so stick a peice of card over this.
Fold the box up, gluing all the flaps together, for the bottom of the box cut out a small sqaure to cover the bottom. when sealing up the top of the box.grab the triangular flaps and use a strong glue to seal the box. make a loop from wire and then insert it into the top as the glue is drying. this will allow you to dangle the pendant from a necklace.