A Beautiful twist on a traditional dream catcher
I'm not typically flashy when it comes to "lots" of "bling", but I do like a bit. This project took me about 4 days to complete, and it was difficult to keep the string tight. I think that is the hardest difficulty with this project.
- Key West Witch added Beaded Dream Catcher to Witchcraft: Crafts 20 Mar 21:30
- Melissa B. favorited Beaded Dream Catcher 19 Sep 19:50
- Reut B. favorited Beaded Dream Catcher 18 Feb 23:04
- Laura favorited Beaded Dream Catcher 27 Nov 07:12
- Ehrman E. favorited Beaded Dream Catcher 24 Jun 01:55
- Queen of the Sidhe entered her project Beaded Dream Catcher to BeadCrafty Contest 17 Dec 22:27
Choose a color of leather string, and choose your color theme for seed beads.
Take your metal ring and wrap it tightly with the leather string. Leave enough at each end to tie a knot tightly at the "top" of the right, and another knot at the end of that- just enough so you can hang it up. Cut off excess string.
Using your beading thread, and a needle that will easily go through the seed beads, start threading the needle and thread with a string of the beads.
Weave the dream catcher design as you would normally do, while keeping beads on the thread and (this is important for it to turn out looking right) KEEP THE STRING WITH BEADS AS TIGHT AS YOU CAN WITHOUT BREAKING THE STRING.
When your design is finished, tie off the end of the thread, cut off excess.
Make your "danglies" from the dream catcher just as you did for the center, but without any "weaving" involved, and tie off the end well so the beads don't slip off the end.