Homemade Gifts Vintage Style
This has an almost childlike simplicity, but looks very effective. A sort of charm bracelet decoration for your door or for anywhere else you’d like to hang it.
Homemade Gifts Vintage Style by Sarah Moore is published by Kyle Books, priced £16.99. Readers can buy the book at the special price of £14.99 inc free p&p (UK mainland only). To order your copy, ring: 01903 828503, quoting ref. KB HGVS/COAK or email: email@example.com.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Beaded Door Hanger 22 Jul 02:49
- jen s. favorited Beaded Door Hanger 06 Oct 10:05
- Heidi K. added Beaded Door Hanger to Odds-n-Ends 28 Sep 17:20
- Josaurus20 favorited Beaded Door Hanger 05 May 18:31
- Abigail O. favorited Beaded Door Hanger 24 Feb 21:31
- Charlotte M. added Beaded Door Hanger to todo2 04 Nov 18:12
- Charlotte M. favorited Beaded Door Hanger 04 Nov 18:12
- Neon S. favorited Beaded Door Hanger 24 Oct 01:39
- Kristyn L. added Beaded Door Hanger to ! 29 Sep 22:05
- Marnie D. added Beaded Door Hanger to To-make list 14 Sep 13:58
Begin by making a shape for the door hanger from the wire. Try hearts, simple house shapes or letters. Leave a little excess wire at each end so that you can secure the hanger when finished.
Then start to thread bits and pieces on to the wire. You can tie on little lengths of lace and trimmings, thread on large beads, use thread to attach strings of smaller beads and baubles, add buttons and any little trinkets of the right scale.
When you have covered all of the wire with interesting bits and pieces, hook the ends together and twist them into a loop. Add a length of ribbon for hanging.